After running the London Marathon in 2010 I continue my pursuit for sporting greatness without the aid of running shoes. I now run 'Barefoot' full time and aim to run the London Marathon 2012 'bare'

My blog is an account of training for running, triathlon, staying fit for life and pushing my body to it's limits to become 'superfit'. I hope it will inspire others to go out and get fit for life and see how enjoyable and rewarding it can be

Monday 14 November 2011

I'm back writing (but still been running)

Time to kick start ye olde blogge.

Fear not, my silence has not been down to lack of training but just an amalgamation of summer busyness, hard training and just generally struggling to find the time to write. I have missed it very much so here I am again to update you on my ‘travels’ as a runner.

I’ll keep this post brief just to say hello and to keep your eyes peeled from now on.

So where am I? I have had some solid training since my last post and although I didn’t get to do a Triathlon this year (due to finances) I have been keeping up with the swimming and cycling to prepare myself for next year. I now swim just under a mile and go spinning once a week.

My priorities have changed a little lately as I am signed up to run The Virgin London Marathon again. My decision to run again comes from over a year of wishing I wasn’t injured when I ran last time and wondering what I actually could have achieved so now I’m going to find out J

I am training smart this time and very gradually building up the long runs (now up to 11 miles) and cross training in the pool and spinning. Any increase in weekly mileage is slow and I’m mixing up the types of runs I do. Most importantly I’m training much much slower, I’ll save the speed for racing and tempo runs. My goal right now is to run long and to be super fit, not super fast!

So now I’ve updated you I’ll keep you posted more often now. I forgot how much I love combining my passions, Running, writing (and taking photos but that’s a little challenging at times whilst running)

PS. Hope you like the new look blog, been learning HTML code so it looks less templatey!

No comments:

Post a Comment