After running the London Marathon in 2010 I continue my pursuit for sporting greatness without the aid of running shoes. I now run 'Barefoot' full time and aim to run the London Marathon 2012 'bare'

My blog is an account of training for running, triathlon, staying fit for life and pushing my body to it's limits to become 'superfit'. I hope it will inspire others to go out and get fit for life and see how enjoyable and rewarding it can be

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Doing the velociraptor

After what I can only describe as the race I'd rather forget I have been working on some tweaks on my running gait. After reading some articles on how to run 'barefoot' style I made some adjustments to how I run, it has left me running like a velociraptor....Suprisingly it works.

Since adopting the 'velociraptor' I have noticed a good improvement in not only my speed, but have also noticed how comfortable and natural it feels to run.... perhaps I was a velociraptor in a past life?

I have clocked up a few good times and a 5 mile PB today which I was really chuffed with. After a pretty horrific day I took out all my anger and aggresion on my run and it paid off... feeling the pain now though! I shall sleep well tonight.

Other than my 'normal' runs I put in a good 12 miler on Saturday which was pleasant and pain free so overall a good running week. Onwards and upwards!

I would recommend this article for even the shod runner as there are elements you can take away that will help all aspects of running and the elements of training I have developed as a 'barefoot' runner have translated well to my shod running. So much so that I don't feel as much as a twinge on most runs, barefoot or not.... basically we need to untrain ourselves from running with poor form that we develop over the years. http://therunningbarefoot.com/?page_id=525

No comments:

Post a Comment