After running the London Marathon in 2010 I continue my pursuit for sporting greatness without the aid of running shoes. I now run 'Barefoot' full time and aim to run the London Marathon 2012 'bare'

My blog is an account of training for running, triathlon, staying fit for life and pushing my body to it's limits to become 'superfit'. I hope it will inspire others to go out and get fit for life and see how enjoyable and rewarding it can be

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Quick Update- I DID IT

After my final weeks of desperate attempts to lose the injuries (hence the lack of posts) I completed the London Marathon on 25/04/2010 in a time of 5 Hours 5 mins and 11 secs! The weeks leading up to the event consisted of mainly resting, cycling, the odd run but predominantly trying to be injury free for race day.

Whilst I wasn't injury free (I discovered at mile 2) I had a good race, thinking now I could've pushed the 2nd half a little but hey that's what a 2nd marathon is for. The 1st is to just finish, the 2nd is to finish to your true potential!  I will give you a full heart felt race report in the next few days when I have got over the post marathon blues, missing running already but need to get well and repair until at least Monday. Body stopped aching but my feet are still sore, need a pedicure! and my weak spots in my body are slowly giving up.... but hey it was worth every ache, pain, tear, tantrum,belly ache,tiredness and god knows what else.

That will be it marathon wise for a year and a half as I don't want to start putting my husband through all this again within the next year, it did take over BOTH our lives so as a reward for his patience for the next 2 months I am a cyclist training for the Great Nottingham Bike Ride which is 50miles and something to train for together! Then its back onto half marathons for a year or so and possibly an Autumn marathon in 2011 (Dublin?)

I'll be back in a few days to give you the full scoop and my future plans including, barefoot running, cycling and hopefully a report on my first run 'back'

No comments:

Post a Comment